If you believe that "Double Ds are HUGE!", please read on. DD is an extremely common bra cup size. ...well, it's commonly needed, but unfortunately, it's not commonly sold. This is because bra companies lie. Companies like Victoria's Secret make a very limited size range, and then use horribly inaccurate sizing methods to squeeze women into bras that don't fit. About 80% of women wear the incorrect bra size, and most probably don't know it. They are taught that bras are 'meant to be uncomfortable'; that 'band sizes below a 32 are for someone incredibly skinny'; that 'double Ds are ginormous!' These are all lies. Women needing band sizes below a 32 are incredibly common, as are double Ds and above. Bras that fit should also be comfortable. Don't believe me? I was sized at a 32D. I wore the bra for a day or two, then went braless until I could replace it, because it hurt my back and shoulders and rendered me almost unable to sit up straight. I had been told that this was my size. I had been told that this was normal. But I did some research, and it turns out I was lied to. I found that I was a 28G (I've now changed sizes slightly), and once I found and bought and wore bras in that size, I was finally happy with my bras. The pain was gone. If you are in the wrong size, you may have gotten used to the pain and therefore no longer notice it, but trust me: you will notice when it leaves. Please- wear a bra that fits. :)

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Panache Tao Tankini

(It appears that this suit might be discontinued... but I am going to review it anyway.  Yay me!)

First off, I'm sorry for being a loser and not posting for a long time! :(  I took chemistry over the summer and since that ended I've pretty much just been derping on the internet, but too lazy to make a post.  I am a loser at not being lazy.  I apologize.

Anyyyyway... I love my Panache Tao Tankini! <3  For one thing, it is adorable.  Check out these pictures from herroom.com (http://www.herroom.com/panache-sw0611-tao-tankini-swim-top.shtml and http://www.herroom.com/panache-sw0617-tao-folded-brief-swim-bottom.shtml):

Tao Tankini Swim TopTao Folded Brief Swim Bottom

The bottoms also come in a low-rise option, but I got the brief.

It looks like tao would be pronounced like tau, which is one of my favorite numbers. <3 (Tau > pi!)

Some of the color splotches appear slightly more blue-ish-green-ish-gray-ish than the pictures suggest; they're a bit darker and slightly more camo-y.  It's a bit hard for me to describe; sorry.  This might be due to a coloring change from swimming, but I've only swum in it once so far.

The tankini is a bit shorter in the torso than some others; even on my small frame, it doesn't quite reach the bottoms.  This has been an issue for some reviewers who were looking for something with a bit more coverage.

The hidden bra inside truly is a bra; it has the hooks and eyes and everything, although they can't be seen while wearing the suit.  However, when bending over or looking from above, there's a bit of white, meshy fabric visible that connects the bra to the suit.

The bra actually fits quite well.  I will probably wear this as a normal top sometime without a separate bra; the only issue is the short-ish torso.  The top is lovely and supportive and gives a fairly nice, rounded shape.

One slight annoyance I've had is that the fabric of the top itself (not the bra, thankfully) is a bit scratchy/itchy.  It's very slight, and I hardly ever notice it, but for those with very sensitive skin, it could be an issue.

The straps are also adjustable.

Unfortunately, the bottoms are a bit big on me, but I don't blame the sizing.  I got a small, when I'm usually closer to extra-small.  I can still wear it, but I roll the top down a bit to get rid of all the gaping at the waist.  I think it actually looks rather cool rolled down.  It comes up pretty high, so I still get good coverage.  However, I wouldn't go in the ocean wearing too-loose bottoms. :p Luckily, plain black bottoms can match the top easily.

I didn't even think to adjust the Tao while swimming, and I didn't have to. :)

Overall, I feel supported and stylish in my Tao tankini. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment