If you believe that "Double Ds are HUGE!", please read on. DD is an extremely common bra cup size. ...well, it's commonly needed, but unfortunately, it's not commonly sold. This is because bra companies lie. Companies like Victoria's Secret make a very limited size range, and then use horribly inaccurate sizing methods to squeeze women into bras that don't fit. About 80% of women wear the incorrect bra size, and most probably don't know it. They are taught that bras are 'meant to be uncomfortable'; that 'band sizes below a 32 are for someone incredibly skinny'; that 'double Ds are ginormous!' These are all lies. Women needing band sizes below a 32 are incredibly common, as are double Ds and above. Bras that fit should also be comfortable. Don't believe me? I was sized at a 32D. I wore the bra for a day or two, then went braless until I could replace it, because it hurt my back and shoulders and rendered me almost unable to sit up straight. I had been told that this was my size. I had been told that this was normal. But I did some research, and it turns out I was lied to. I found that I was a 28G (I've now changed sizes slightly), and once I found and bought and wore bras in that size, I was finally happy with my bras. The pain was gone. If you are in the wrong size, you may have gotten used to the pain and therefore no longer notice it, but trust me: you will notice when it leaves. Please- wear a bra that fits. :)

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

I Am Not A Freak

     My name is... well, I'll post it eventually.  For now, you can call me Cat. :) 
     I have been outraged far too many times by bras that don't fit, companies that lie, 'fitters' that have no clue what they're doing, moronic objectifying jerks, and much more.  I also nearly cry when I think of how many women are stuffed into bras that don't fit at all and cause horrible pain.
     It drives me mad when people think I'm 'blessed' with my chest, when really I'd rather be completely flat.  My chest causes horrible back and shoulder pain.  My band size (around my ribcage) does not exist in stores except for special order.  My bras (which still don't fit very well, because my band size doesn't exist) cost around $60-100 each (anything less is a steal!).  They must be ordered online, unless I want to drive a good few hours to a place that carries something near my size.
     I think that this blog will help me connect with others who share my bra/bust related problems, help women find bras that fit, and educate men as well.  Hopefully I won't give up on it. :)  I can't rest until women have support for their chests!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of lingerie blogging! :) Are you over on Twitter too? If so, let me know your username and I'll add you to my list of lingerie bloggers > https://twitter.com/estylingerie/lingerie-bloggers/members

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I went to the link and then got distracted for about half an hour because Sweet Nothings has pictures of cats... Thanks for the welcome! :D I don't have a Twitter account yet, but I will probably make one later! I just looked at your blog and it is very cool!

      Delete